Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Under the weather..is "Stretch"ing it...

Personal talk about the hill field in Zamora, and well "the lack of performance"!
Suede (aka: Stretchy noodle) is one of our special boys!! This photo is one of his normal poses! (hands are on this dog all the time) Not only is he great on the sheep, he is the sweetest most laid back boy in the group. Sunday morning at the big field down the road he was what I would call absolute perfection. I was complaining to Ron GEE I WISH HE WAS QUALIFIED...He didn't make the cut for the nurseries this year, was born bad date wise, but is going to be a hell - of  - a - dog! Sunday afternoon we were on a walk with the dogs..when Ron noticed a HUGE (grapefruit) sized lump on his side. Of course immediately we think he is dying. All those weird thoughts go through your head like "was that why he was so good on the field this morning", is "this why he is such a love" ...anyway..trying not to hyper-ventilate, I simply say that feels weird, I am taking him in.

Well long story short...of course I cannot get into my "regular" vet, so I have to see a new one in the 8 doctor practice. We didn't hit it off that well with her, however clinically she seemed to  be doing the right things. We agreed that this needed checking, both cellular and surgically. The cytology showed just some bacteria and white blood cells. So the chances of him dying of cancer were slimming. I decided to leave him there for the afternoon and they would do the surgery. It was apparent this needed draining.

side view of his LUMP-Removal
Close up of the pretty stitching job!
Numerous calls later to the vet..at 8:00 pm she still hadn't done the surgery. I was quite frank on the phone..stating I would have brought the dog back the next day had I known she couldn't do it...anyway I was annoyed to say the least. At 11 pm she called to say she had done everything, he was awake and fine. The mass was an abscess that was surrounded by granulated tissue (hence the hardness of the lump) no foxtail, no foreign body, just an abscess.

Stretchy is now laying around in my office and is being put on house arrest for a few weeks. I guess things work in mysterious ways..had he been qualified for the nurseries he couldn't have run...aren't things bizarre?

1 comment:

  1. Glad that's all it was. Best of luck to you in the finals!
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete