Tuesday, May 17, 2011

The K9znewe pups get their chance in the spotlight...boy do I love them!!!

Sweep- Sire to Poncho and Pearl; Grandsire to Kori

Poncho 7 weeks old!!!
 
 Lot's of people always ask about the pups of our last breeding of Jesse & Sweep. Below Ron made a video showing them at work in a pen. I do not normally start pups in a pen, and in fact these have all done fine in the field...BUT with foxtail season in full bloom it's far too dangerous. The pups I would say are just about ready to go. This is not a training video by any means, just a sample of what I have been producing in my line. I did not post the video for people to critique my style..or my sheep. I am a trainer that likes pups to bite a little, and it doesn't scare me to have them take hold of a sheep, nor do I get after them for doing so. I probably wait longer than some to start them, as to me mental maturity is a big step. Pearl is quite a bit more mature than Poncho, and Poncho is more mature than Grit and Brass (that video will be  posted shortly). I have a calm style in my training, and I work with the natural ability before anything else. I want to see the pups balancing good on their own before I actually train on them. The line has lot's of flank, so it's important to me that they find their line...I won't actually start one until it can "BRING ME SHEEP"...not training sheep (as seen in the video) I mean sheep, that don't come to me...Once that step is in place...off we go. So as I see the video, I am thinking we are close to being ready for words and method...I will try and get video's of them as they progress in their training!! Thanks for viewing!
 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_VvKKej2tk

1 comment:

  1. These pups are nice to watch, they all have some good points!!! I'm gonna enjoy watching their progression up the ladder of sheepdog!!!

    ReplyDelete