Monday, April 11, 2011

The french fries...

When I was in Virginia this past summer judging the National Sheepdog Finals I went to DC site seeing with a fellow judge and a couple of friends. Haley Howard,  Lisa Swift, and myself were treated  to lunch at the DC Cafe by Matt Cook. When were there having lunch we encountered "the french fries"!!!! I would never view french fries the same again!!

Last night I recreated "the french fries". Ron stripe peeled fresh potatoes, sliced them thin and deep fried. When they are done to a golden brown take out, blot with a paper towel. Place hot fries in bowl toss with fresh finely chopped parsley, garlic and Parmesan cheese!! You will never look at a french fry the same again!!! 

2 comments:

  1. First time in 50 years that I have never eaten ketchup or mayonnaise on the fries. Simply delicious as they went on the plate.

    ReplyDelete